In Case You Missed Tuesday
by Michael Goodman | April 6, 2011 4:44 am
- Stocks ended essentially flat on Tuesday, same as Monday, as a couple of global developments — namely, an interest-rate hike in China — seemed to put the ceiling in early on equities. Large-cap stocks, and those of the Nasdaq variety, in particular, are seeming a little tired, while the speculative mood is still driving small-caps higher on an almost daily basis. While stocks sort of laid there, the let’s-worry-about-growth mood manifested more in the precious metals trade, where gold and silver again hit all-time and 31-ish-year highs, respectively. Bonds sold off, with the 10-year note yield rising to 3.48%.
- After the closing bell, a rough afternoon for Am Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC), which fell more than 40% after the company said its fiscal fourth quarter earnings and revenue would hugely miss estimates because a contracted shipment was refused delivery by a customer, which also has refused to pay for certain shipments made in fiscal 2010. Not good.
- On Wednesday, there is really little to offer….few earnings, essentially no major economic data. Maybe watch a baseball game or something. And oil prices.
OUT THERE SOMEWHERE:
- The ‘black swans’ are not gone.
- China hikes rates to fight inflation.
- Bernanke, on the other hand, not so worried about it.
- How to avoid another tech-bubble fallout.
- Why more women make up your stock-trading competition.
- How about the all-time high for corn?
- Into insider buying/selling? Follow the CFO, not the CEO.
- AMSC: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AMSC
- not gone: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576243053074325380.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
- hikes: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-05/china-raises-interest-rates-quarter-point-in-fourth-step-to-curb-inflation.html
- not so worried: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110404-714199.html
- another: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-04/how-to-avoid-the-pitfalls-of-a-new-tech-bubble-commentary-by-matthew-lynn.html
- women: http://blogs.forbes.com/emilylambert/2011/04/04/more-women-are-trading-heres-why/
- corn: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703806304576244742496444976.html
- CFO: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1787482
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2011/04/in-case-you-missed-tuesday-6/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=36060
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.