Car buyers look for a lot of things before plunking down their money. Good gas mileage, reliability, low maintenance and technology perks like GPS navigation and advanced audio systems are all selling points. So is driver and passenger comfort.
Kelly Blue Book is out with this year’s list of the 10 comfiest cars under $30,000. Vehicles from Chrysler, Ford (NYSE:F) and General Motors (NYSE:GM) took six spots on the list, while Honda (NYSE:HMC), Toyota (NYSE:TM), Subaru and Volkswagen (PINK:VLKAY) each contributed one car to round out the top 10.
“With a multitude of Americans spending hours in their cars daily between work commutes, carpools and a host of other activities, comfort is king for many when choosing a new vehicle,” said Jack R. Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book‘s kbb.com, in a statement.
Here are Kelly’s top 10 most comfortable and affordable cars:
- Chrysler 300 — Described as a “quiet, comfortable, stylish, well-appointed luxury sedan,” the car comes with keyless entry and ignition and dual-zone auto climate control.
- Chevrolet Malibu — Kelly’s reviewers liked its practicality, upscale appointments, good suspension system and low price.
- Volkswagen Passat — The German sedan “is also adept at absorbing road imperfections,” but provides impressive cabin space and a large backseat.
- Subaru Legacy — Praised for its deep, supportive seats, spacious interior and ergonomic controls, the Legacy also received high marks for handling.
- Honda Odyssey — Good legroom in all seats and a quiet cabin make the Odyssey an attractive choice for families.
- Buick Regal – This year’s Regal has a sporty look that compliments the GS model’s 270-horsepower engine.
- Toyota Camry – The best-selling car in the U.S. offers a quieter ride and more technology options.
- Buick Verano – Kelly reviewers were impressed with the compact Verano’s quiet cabin and solid driving performance.
- Chevrolet Cruze — Despite being a compact car, the Cruze gets added noise-canceling features and supportive front seats, making it a quiet and smooth ride.
- Ford Taurus — An absorptive suspension, large, quiet cabin and good seats make the Taurus a pleasant environment for families.
You can find pictures and full descriptions of the top 10 cars at Kelly Blue Book’s website.