A female customer at Las Vegas’ increasingly infamous Heart Attack Grill had to be rushed to the hospital after collapsing this past weekend.
The customer was eating a “Double Bypass Burger” and smoking cigarettes while drinking a margarita when she passed out, according to ABC News. It was not clear why the woman collapsed, the Grill’s owner said, adding that she was recovering at a local hospital.
The “Double Bypass Burger,” while horrific in name, actually is a tamer version of the Heart Attack Grill’s signature “Quadruple Bypass Burger,” which is just a few calories shy of 10,000. The restaurant also offers all-you-can-eat “Flatliner Fries,” which are fries cooked in lard, and guests can wash it all down with caffeine-happy Jolt Cola.
The latest incident comes after another customer was stricken with a heart attack while eating a “Bypass Burger” — this time a triple — in February. A year ago, the Grill’s spokesman, Blair River, died at the age of 29. At the time of his death, he weighed nearly 600 pounds.
ABC News noted that despite the astonishing number of calories found in the Grill’s offerings, there is “little medical evidence” that consuming an overly indulgent hamburger actually causes a heart attack. Physicians have argued for decades that a long-term high-fat diet can lead to cardiac problems.