This July, Orlando, Fla. will no longer be the home of the world’s largest McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD). Instead, that honor will go to the world’s largest sports event. That’s right. The largest McDonald’s the world has ever known is being built at the London Olympics, reports U.K.’s Mirror.
But Orlando shouldn’t fret. The McNormous new restaurant will be in business for only six weeks.
Here are more fun facts about the temporary mega-Mickey D’s.
- It will sell about 50,000 Big Macs and 180,000 portions of fries during the six-week period.
- 3 million people are expected to visit…but not all at once.
- It will have 1,5000 seats.
- 12,000 people applied to work there.
- 2,000 people have been hired.
- The employee-selection process was done via auditions.
- It’s being constructed out of recycled materials.
- Opening day will be July 27.
- Closing day is slated for Sept. 9.