New mom Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson welcomed daughter Maxwell Joy into the world Tuesday. The baby girl weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces and measured almost 22 inches long.
Simpson wrote a heartfelt message on her website announcing the birth.
“We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!”
Maxwell, who has been famous since conception, was born in a $4,000-a-day birthing suite at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles. Here are five more fun tidbits about this Hollywood birth story.
- News of what Jessica was wearing when she gave birth has not circulated. However, the crooner tweeted that she wanted to give birth in a leopard caftan.
- The baby’s name is a family tribute, according to The Associated Press. Johnson’s middle name is Maxwell. Simpson’s mom’s maiden name is Drew.
- It’s been rumored that Simpson has spent more than $1 million hiring armed security guards to protect her baby.
- Simpson’s maternity suite contains three rooms and luxurious furnishings.
- The suite also includes many other amenities such as a stocked refrigerator, fine dining and a monogrammed robe.