by Christopher Freeburn | May 15, 2012 10:51 am
Voyager Mobile’s planned roll-out of a new discount mobile plan on Tuesday was stopped after Voyager’s website was allegedly hacked.
The company was to set to launch its $39-per-month plan, but it says a “malicious network attack” afflicted its main website, PCWorld reports.
Instead of the plan’s launch, this morning Voyager’s site contained a simple note saying it had experienced a network outage and that the launched had been postponed. No new date was set for the plan’s debut.
Running on Sprint‘s (NYSE:S) wireless network, the new plan is expected to feature unlimited calling, text messages and 3G/4G data. The low price had attracted considerable attention.
Under its deal with Sprint, Voyager was to retail smartphones from Motorola (NYSE:MMI) and Samsung that use Google‘s (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android operating system.
Voyager provided no further comment on the purported attack, PCWorld said.
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/05/hack-allegedly-stalls-voyager-discount-debut/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nVxADk
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.