Last night, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) CEO Tim Cook gave a wide-ranging interview at the All Things Digital Conference. Even though he was mum on new product launches, he did provide some interesting tidbits:
- Get ready for a better Siri. After all, the voice recognition system has been plagued with problems.
- Don’t expect Apple to buy a content company like Disney (NYSE:DIS) or Viacom (NYSE:VIA). Cook says Apple’s partnerships strategy is the way to go.
- Cook says Apple has a good relationship with Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and said to “stay tuned” on future developments. Interestingly enough, he said there was no reason for Apple to develop its own social network.
- According to Cook, the iPad is still in the “first inning,” and he has never seen a product that has been loved as much from consumers, businesses and educational institutions. In fact, he says he uses the device more than his Mac.
- Cook said traditional TV needs improvement, but he provided no details on a rumored new Apple TV.