Highlights from Apple CEO at All Things Digital Conference
by InvestorPlace Staff | May 30, 2012 10:42 am
Last night, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) CEO Tim Cook gave a wide-ranging interview at the All Things Digital Conference. Even though he was mum on new product launches, he did provide some interesting tidbits:
- Get ready for a better Siri. After all, the voice recognition system has been plagued with problems.
- Don’t expect Apple to buy a content company like Disney (NYSE:DIS) or Viacom (NYSE:VIA). Cook says Apple’s partnerships strategy is the way to go.
- Cook says Apple has a good relationship with Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and said to “stay tuned” on future developments. Interestingly enough, he said there was no reason for Apple to develop its own social network.
- According to Cook, the iPad is still in the “first inning,” and he has never seen a product that has been loved as much from consumers, businesses and educational institutions. In fact, he says he uses the device more than his Mac.
- Cook said traditional TV needs improvement, but he provided no details on a rumored new Apple TV.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Tim_Cook_2009_cropped.jpg
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- interview at the All Things Digital Conference: http://forwardthinking.pcmag.com/none/298426-tim-cook-doubling-down-on-secrecy-siri-and-new-products
- DIS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DIS
- VIA: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=VIA
- FB: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=FB
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/05/highlights-from-apple-ceo-at-all-things-digital-conference/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=175498
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.