by Angela Nazworth | May 15, 2012 1:50 pm
Mica Craig went to a Washington state Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) on Friday to purchase mulch for his marijuana plants — he has a license to grow the substance for medical reasons — and ended up being bitten by a venomous rattlesnake.
At first, he thought the snake was a stick.
“I reached down to grab the stick to move it out of the way, and the snake stretched out, turned around and got its fangs in my right hand,” Craig told Reuters. “I slung it off and I did a tap dance on it until it was dead.”
A fellow shopper drove the married father of two to the nearest hospital where he was treated with six bags of anti-venom. Doctors say he could permanently lose feeling in two fingers.
Wal-Mart has issued an apology to Craig and is investigating how the snake entered the store.
“At this point, it appears to be an isolated incident, Wal-Mart spokesperson Kayla Whaling told Reuters. “We are working with a pest management team, which is conducting a sweep of the property to ensure there is no additional rattlesnake activity,”
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/05/man-bitten-by-rattlesnake-in-wal-mart/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=168705
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.