Top 5 Food Trends 2012
by Angela Nazworth | May 11, 2012 2:04 pm
The 2012 National Restaurant Association Show took place this week. The event highlighted the latest happenings in the restaurant industry. Here’s a look at the top five food trends that were featured during the show, according to Nation’s Restaurant News.
- Miniature or single-serving desserts: Smaller dessert potions are becoming more popular among consumers. The petite sizes also give chefs a chance to customize each creation.
- Indulgent desserts: Decadent desserts like premium ice cream and specialty cookies are also trendy.
- Customizable coffee: Many display booths belonging to coffee suppliers featured single-serve coffee machines.
- Southeast Asian flavors: Tastes of Southeast Asia, like dishes with sweet chile sauce and coconut milk, were also popular.
- Sustainability: Since more and more consumers are interested in eco-friendly items, so are many restauranteurs.
You can click here to read the full report.
- latest happenings: http://investorplace.com/2012/05/grocery-store-trends-new-focus-on-health/
- Nation’s Restaurant News: http://nrn.com/article/10-trends-2012-nra-show
- here: http://nrn.com/article/10-trends-2012-nra-show
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/05/top-5-food-trends-2012/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nArubf
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.