4 Things to Know About BK’s Bacon Sundae
by Alyssa Oursler | June 13, 2012 12:01 pm
We’ve all heard the buzz about Burger King’s newest dessert on the menu, a bacon sundae. The question is: What’s the deal with it? Here’s the breakdown on this sweet and salty treat:
- What’s in it? Well, bacon, obviously. What more do you need to know? OK, fine, there’s also vanilla soft serve with fudge and caramel, and the bacon comes in two forms — crumbles on top along with an actual piece of bacon.
- What’s really in it? Those ingredients fill you up with 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar — a change of pace from other recent menu changes, such as the addition of healthier menu choices and the promise of only using cage-free eggs and pork.
- When can you get it? All summer long. This dessert is part of Burger King’s three-month summer special, a limited-time menu offered until Sept. 3 that also includes: a Memphis pulled-pork BBQ sandwich, Carolina BBQ Whopper or chicken sandwich, Texas BBQ Whopper or chicken sandwich, sweet potato fries and frozen lemonade.
- How much is it? The dessert is recommended to sell for $2.49, as it did during its successful trial run in Nashville, Tenn., earlier this year.
Burger King has been struggling to get back on track after lagging behind other fast food powerhouses and losing market share in recent years. The new dessert, along with the previous menu expansion and a new tagline, are meant to help but the King back on top.
Also this month, 3G — the private equity firm that acquired BK in 2010 — is expected to take the company public on the New York Stock Exchange.
- newest dessert on the menu: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BURGER_KING_SUMMER_MENU?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
- addition of healthier menu choices: http://investorplace.com/2010/07/burger-king-healthy-kids-breakfast/
- the promise of only using cage-free eggs and pork: http://investorplace.com/2012/04/burger-king-makes-cage-free-promise/
- take the company public: http://investorplace.com/ipo-playbook/burger-king-plans-to-go-public-again/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/06/4-things-to-know-about-bks-bacon-sundae/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nDpQFY
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.