Miley Cyrus, who shot to stardom at age 12 as Disney‘s (NYSE:DIS) Hannah Montana, is getting married.
The 19-year-old singer/actress announced her engagement to Aussie Liam Hemsworth Wednesday. Hemsworth is most-known for his role as Gale Hawthorne in the Lions Gate (NYSE:LGF) smash hit, The Hunger Games.
Since the Twitterverse and just about every other media channel — social and traditional — is buzzing about the news, here are five details to help you be in-the-know about the engagement.
- How long they’ve dated: The couple met while filming The Last Song three years ago. They’ve been together (plus or minus a break-up here and there) since then.
- What the ring looks like: It’s big. The 3.5-carat rock (photo above) was designed by jeweler Neil Lejman.
- How much the ring cost: The ring’s estimated value is around $250,000.
- Hemsworth’s age: The actor is 22.
- How her dad feels: Billy Ray Cyrus has publicly expressed his happiness over the news.