5 Things to Know About Google Glasses
by Angela Nazworth | June 29, 2012 1:59 pm
With the help of talented skydivers, Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) recently gave the world a look at the future of technology and the potential of the company’s “project glass.”
Here are five things to know about cool glasses that are intended to be used for more than a prop on a movie set.
- The computerized glasses can broadcast everything a person sees while wearing them.
- They weigh about the same as an average pair of spectacles or sunglasses.
- The glasses can capture photographs and can be a vehicle for wireless conversations that would be even easier to use than Microsoft‘s (NASDAQ:MSFT) Skype.
- Normal eye contact will not be interfered with by the glasses.
- Members of the general population will not be able to purchase the glasses at this time. But, the prototype will be sent to various selected developers for testing.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Google-Glass.jpg
- talented skydivers: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/project-glass-demo-hangouts-in-air.html
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- cool glasses: https://plus.google.com/u/0/111626127367496192147/posts
- MSFT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MSFT
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/06/5-things-to-know-about-google-glasses/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=191110
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.