9 Key Findings From J.D. Power Auto Quality Study
by Angela Nazworth | June 21, 2012 12:18 pm
Vehicle manufacturers posted strong improvements in vehicle quality, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 U.S. Initial Quality Study.
Here’s a look at eight highlights from the report.
- The highest-ranked nameplate for a second consecutive year goes to luxury-vehicle maker Lexus.
- Toyota Motor (NYSE:TM) received five model-level awards.
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) and Nissan (PINK:NSANY) each earned four awards.
- Overall, vehicle manufacturers are producing higher-quality products than ever before and have posted strongest improvement in initial quality since 2009.
- Innovative technology has contributed heavily to the the fact that the struggling industry is producing a greater number of higher quality vehicles than ever before.
- However, most quality problems cataloged were related to audio, entertainment, and navigation systems. Problems in those areas have increased by 8% from 2011, mostly because more cars now come with technological advances that were once reserved for luxury models.
- The 2012 IQ ranked 34 brands and recorded improvement in 26. Compared to results from 2911, five brands have declined, one scored the same and two were not included in the 2011 study.
- Of the 185 models ranked in both the 2012 and 2011, 65% have improved.
- The average quality of all-new or redesigned models improved 12%, with 11 all-new or redesigned models performing better than their segment average.
Want to know which compact vehicle models topped the rating charts? Find out here at InvestorPlace. You also can glean more useful insights from the comprehensive report by reading the press release issued by J.D. Power and Associates.
- J.D. Power and Associates 2012 U.S. Initial Quality Study: http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/quality-press-release.htm
- TM: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=TM
- GM: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GM
- NSANY: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=NSANY
- Find out here at InvestorPlace: http://investorplace.com/2012/06/j-d-power-rates-top-compact-autos-of-2012/
- press release issued by J.D. Power and Associates: http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/quality-press-release.htm
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/06/9-key-findings-from-j-d-power-auto-quality-study/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=186393
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.