The J.D. Power and Associates 2012 U.S. Initial Quality Study, examined owner-reported problems in the first 90 days of new-vehicle ownership. Based on those results, here’s a look at five 2012-model compact vehicles that earned top rankings in their respective categories.
- Compact Car: Toyota (NYSE:TM) Corolla
- Compact Crossover SUV: Honda (NYSE:HMC) CR-V
- Compact Multipurpose Vehicle: Kia (PINK:KIMTF) Soul
- Compact Premium Sporty Car: Volvo C70
- Compact Sporty Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible
J.D. Power and Associates based the scores on “problems that have caused a complete breakdown or malfunction, or where controls or features may work as designed, but are difficult to use or understand.” You can learn more about other top-ranked vehicles by reading the press release issued by J.D. Power and Associates.