Sure, it makes perfect sense to insure your prized assets — your house, your car, your health. But for many of Hollywood’s biggest names, and others with special talents, sometimes their most prized possessions are a bit different: themselves.
And so, many famous folks have taken out insurance on the parts of themselves that are the most valuable — everything from hands to hair to humor.
Check out some of the craziest celebrity insurance policies, and see who’s body part (and which ones, of course) are worth the most:
- Bette Davis, waist: $28,000
- Dolly Parton, breasts: $300,000 each
- Egon Ronay (food critic), taste buds: $400,000
- Troy Polamalu, hair: $1 million
- Rich Hall (comedian), sense of humor: $1.5 million
- Keith Richards, hands: $1.6 million
- Bruce Springsteen, vocal cords: $5.5 million
- America Ferrara, smile: $10 million
- Mariah Carey, legs: $1 billion