GE to Create 14,500+ Jobs in America
by InvestorPlace Staff | July 23, 2012 9:23 am
Jobs, jobs, jobs. Talk of employment, job creation and outsourcing is especially common nowadays, between an uncertain economy and an upcoming election. General Electric (NYSE:GE), though, is garnering some praise in that arena currently. Why? Take a look at the numbers:
- In 2011 alone, GE added 10,000 jobs.
- Since 2009, GE has made plans to create more than 14,500 American jobs and build 15 new U.S. factories.
- A $170 million factory in New York that opened last week also tallied 450 jobs.
- In March, GE opened a new $38 million manufacturing plant in Louisville which employs 600 workers and is just a piece of a $1 billion drive to manufacture new appliances in the U.S. and create 1,300 jobs.
- For every ten GE jobs, the company supports additional 52 jobs in America.
- This breaks down to mean that GE indirectly supports one out of every 208 jobs in the U.S.
- The company, its employees and business partners add $166 billion per year to the U.S. economy, , according to a recent study by TrippUmbach.
-Alyssa Oursler, InvestorPlace Editorial Assistant
- GE: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GE
- create more than 14,500 American jobs: http://www.gereports.com/debunking-the-myths-about-outsourcing/
- TrippUmbach.: http://www.trippumbach.com/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/ge-to-create-14500-jobs-in-america/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fvnMvg
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.