Actress Katie Holmes cited “irreconcilable differences” when filing for divorce from Tom Cruise Friday. While Holmes won’t be entitled to half of her ex’s rumored $250 million fortune, she won’t walk away from their marriage a pauper.
According to several celebrity gossip sources, here’s the presumed skinny on money matters related to the TomKat split.
- The couple signed a prenuptial agreement in 2006 that reportedly entitles Holmes to $3 million for each year she and Cruise were married.
- Since the couple stuck it out for about five years (not bad in Hollywood), Holmes will walk away with $15 million.
- Along with the lump sum, Holmes also will get the couple’s $35 million mansion in Beverly Hills.
- Both Cruise and Holmes will keep their respective individual earnings from movies and other projects they’ve worked on since they’ve been together.
- If the marriage had lasted more than 11 years, Holmes would have been given half of Cruise’s fortune.
- Holmes is seeking sole custody of the couple’s six-year-old daughter, Suri, which means she’s likely to receive a whopping amount of child support.
- At this time, a dollar amount regarding child support hasn’t been specified, but we can’t help but wonder if caring for little Suri will require upward of the $20,000 a month Halle Berry is paying in child support.