Marissa Mayer Brings Free Lunch to Yahoo HQ
by Angela Nazworth | July 30, 2012 10:12 am
It’s well-known that Yahoo‘s (NASDAQ:YHOO) new CEO Marissa Mayer — a former Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) executive — is an ace when it comes to products. It also looks like she knows a thing or two about morale boosting.
Mayer, who owns the herculean task of making a relic relevant, is implementing a few fun and “google-ish” strategies to foster a more collaborative working environment for her new employees, All Things D reports.
Here are a few changes that are in the works at the Sunnyvale, Calif., company.
- Free lunch: Yahoo’s Silicon Valley employees can now enjoy free lunch at the company’s URL Cafe.
- Weekly all-hands meetings: The company’s first all-hands meeting under Mayer was held last Friday, and sources tell All Things D that the meetings will happen weekly.
- Updated work spaces: Mayer is reportedly working on revamping Yahoo’s office layout to increase the cool-factor and create a more collaborative working environment.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/marissa_mayer__2007.jpg
- YHOO: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=YHOO
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- herculean task: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/the-crux-of-marissa-mayers-problem-at-yahoo/
- All Things D: http://allthingsd.com/20120729/in-week-two-marissa-mayer-googifies-yahoo-free-food-friday-afternoon-all-hands-new-work-spaces-fab-swag/yahoogle_by_jvproductions-d38pmp4/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/marissa-mayer-brings-free-lunch-to-yahoo-hq/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nC0b0n
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.