Nevada, Arizona, Georgia Post Top Foreclosure Rates in 2012
by Christopher Freeburn | July 12, 2012 1:32 pm
More than one million U.S. properties remain under foreclosure proceedings, according to data released on Thursday by RealtyTrac.
That number represents a 2% rise in properties experiencing some form of foreclosure activity this year, compared to the second half of 2011. However, the number of properties in foreclosure has fallen 11% from the first six months of last year.
Here are the top 10 foreclosure states and 5 key findings from RealtyTrac’s Midyear 2012 Foreclosure Market Report:
Top 10 states with the highest foreclosure rates for the first half of 2012:
Five Key Findings fo RealtyTrac Midyear Report:
- Foreclosure activity rose in 20 states during the first half of 2012, compared to the same time in 2011.
- Second-quarter foreclosure activity fell as bank repossessions dropped sharply. However, more than 300,000 properties entered foreclosure, up 9% from the first quarter.
- Foreclosure process starts rose in 31 states during the second quarter, compared to last year.
- Total property foreclosure actions nationwide fell in June, compared to last year, marking the 21st consecutive month of such declines.
- California saw foreclosure starts rise 18% in June, compared to the previous year, placing California as the leading state for foreclosure activity last month.
For more information about RealtyTrac’s Midyear 2012 Foreclosure Market Report, please click here.
- according to data released on Thursday: http://www.realtytrac.com/content/foreclosure-market-report/1-million-properties-with-foreclosure-filings-in-first-half-of-2012-7291
- Midyear 2012 Foreclosure Market Report: http://www.realtytrac.com/content/foreclosure-market-report/1-million-properties-with-foreclosure-filings-in-first-half-of-2012-7291
- click here: http://www.realtytrac.com/content/foreclosure-market-report/1-million-properties-with-foreclosure-filings-in-first-half-of-2012-7291
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/nevada-arizona-georgia-post-top-foreclosure-rates-in-2012/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1dcmfWt
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.