Sports Illustrated released its first “Fortunate 50″ list that doesn’t feature golfer Tiger Woods at the top.
This year, boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. — who happens to be in jail — grabbed the title of the highest-paid American athlete. Mayweather reeled in $85 million in the past year without endorsements. The five-division world champ made his millions from two world title fights. One against Victor Ortiz and the other against Miguel Cotto.
Here’s a look at the list’s top ten.
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr: $85,000,000 – Boxing
- Phil Mickelson: $60,763,488 – Golf
- Tiger Woods: $56,440,238 – Golf
- Kobe Bryant: $48,286,000 – NBA
- LeBron James: $45,880,000 – NBA
- Alex Rodriguez: $33,500,000 – MLB
- Peyton Manning: $31,000,000 – NFL
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr.: $28,164,690 – Auto Racing
- Derek Jeter: $27,729,364 – MLB
- Larry Fitzgerald: $26,750,000 – NFL
You can access the complete list of the Fortunate 50 at SI.com.