The “Fifty Shades of Grey” phenomenon hasn’t faded away quite yet. In fact, it’s not just going strong — it actually seems to be expanding beyond huge sales at books stores like Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) and on e-readers like Amazon‘s (NASDAQ:AMZN) Kindle.
To start, a hotel recently replaced the Bible with the erotic novel in its guest rooms , while there is a lot of buzz about other upcoming releases in the genre.
And since the book was released, adult toy stores, companies like Trojan and even hardware stores — because they sell rope — have seen double-digit sales increases.
But it doesn’t end there. People seem to want “Fifty Shades of Grey” everything. Check out some of the products related to the book that you can now pick up:
- a CD called “Fifty Shades of Grey: The Classical Album”
- official stockings, garters and printed tights
- book-themed undies, jammies and robes
- book-related T-shirts, knit tops and hoodies
- black stilettos and high black boots called “Fifty Fifty”
- make-up like “Come-Hither Shades” for your eyes
- iPad covers
- bathroom fixtures
- a critical reader’s guide called “Lighter Shades of Grey
- parody books
- wall decals called “Laters, Baby” — a line from the book — with a handcuff motif
- “Shades of Gray” kitchen and bath decor