The bizarre robbery, which involved what was thought to be a bomb, unfolded like a script for a big-budget Hollywood action movie.
Here are 10 facts about the crazy heist:
- The incident began Wednesday morning when two armed men kidnapped the branch manager outside her home.
- The masked kidnappers then strapped what they told her was a bomb to her stomach and demanded that she take them to her bank and give them money.
- The manager did as she was instructed.
- Since the robbers waited in the manager’s car while she collected their ransom, they avoided detection from security cameras.
- The men sped away in the victim’s car with a large sum of money.
- After the men escaped, the bank contacted local authorities who arrived with a bomb squad.
- The bomb squad disabled the device with a robot. Police say it did not appear to be an active bomb.
- As a precaution, nearby business were evacuated for several hours. The branch was closed for the remainder of the day.
- The police do not believe the manager is associated with the crime.
- At this time, the two men are still at large.