eBay Rolls Out Slimmed-Down Logo
by Alyssa Oursler | September 14, 2012 10:33 am
eBay Rolls Out Slimmed-Down Logo
Companies are always trying to keep their products up-to-date, while also making sure their looks portray a similar freshness. E-commerce leader eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) is just the latest example.
The company rolled out a fresh new logo today, featuring simpler, slimmed-down lettering and the same almost-as-bright color scheme.
The new eye candy could be an attempt to show that, while the days of the eBay craze may have come to a close, the company is ready to try new things for the future.
eBay’s core business of online sales, for one, remains steady and is still wrangling in nice profits. And on top of that, the company also is working to grow is PayPal business.
The mobile payments system just struck a deal with booming Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), for example, and is also in the test-phase of a deal with fast-food giant McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD). And InvestorPlace Editor Jeff Reeves thinks PayPal’s growth should have Visa (NYSE:V), Mastercard (NYSE:MA) and American Express (NYSE:AXP) shaking in their boots.
The remodeled logo — which looks similar to the modern makeover Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) debuted last month — now looks almost as good as eBay’s stock does.
Since January, EBAY has seen gains of 67%, including a 25% climb in the last three months alone.
More Company Logo Makeovers in 2012
- Twitter Bird Logo Gets a ‘Beak Lift’
- Chuck E. Cheese Gets Rockin’ New Look
- Buffalo Wild Wings Sports New Logo
- J.C. Penney Logo Goes Patriotic
- EBAY: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=EBAY
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/EbayBeforeAfter.jpg
- working to grow is PayPal business: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/investors-have-a-pal-in-ebay/
- just struck a deal: http://investorplace.com/2012/08/discover-strikes-a-deal-with-paypal/
- DFS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=DFS
- test-phase of a deal: http://investorplace.com/2012/08/mcdonalds-is-testing-payment-by-paypal/
- MCD: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MCD
- V: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=V
- MA: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MA
- AXP: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AXP
- shaking in their boots: http://investorplace.com/2012/08/paypal-should-have-visa-and-amex-scared/
- looks similar to the modern makeover: http://investorplace.com/2012/08/microsoft-gives-logo-a-modern-makeover/
- MSFT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MSFT
- Twitter Bird Logo Gets a ‘Beak Lift’: http://investorplace.com/2012/06/twitter-bird-logo-gets-a-beak-lift/
- Chuck E. Cheese Gets Rockin’ New Look: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/chuck-e-cheese-gets-rockin-new-look/
- Buffalo Wild Wings Sports New Logo: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/buffalo-wild-wings-updates-its-logo-and-restaurants/
- J.C. Penney Logo Goes Patriotic: http://investorplace.com/2012/01/new-patriotic-logo-for-j-c-penney-jcp/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/ebay-rolls-out-slimmed-down-logo/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fvBe2i
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.