During the past few years, hedge funds have shown varying results, as mixed markets and retirements have made for some interesting times in the industry. In fact, most hedge fund managers have a hard time just beating the market.
Still, some fund managers have managed to do very well for themselves, as Forbes points out in its list of America’s richest hedge fund managers. Here’s a look at the top 10:
- George Soros (Soros Fund Management)
- Carl Icahn (Icahn Enterprises)
- James Simons (Renaissance Technologies)
- John Paulson (Paulson and Co)
- Ray Dalio (Bridgewater Associates)
- Steve Cohen (SAC Capital)
- David Tepper (Appaloosa Management)
- Bruce Kovner (Caxton Global Investment)
- Paul Tudor Jones (Tudor Investment Corporation)
- Ken Griffin (Citadel LLC)
Interested in who else made the cut? See the complete Forbes list of America’s richest hedge fund managers.