4 Companies Yahoo Could Buy
by Nate Wooley | October 22, 2012 9:09 am
Yahoo‘s (NASDAQ:YHOO) new CEO Marissa Mayer sure is making some waves. With her decision to refocus on technology instead of content, she’s trying to make the company’s sites more fun and interactive. The change in focus is aimed at making Yahoo more user-friendly and, never forget, growth-oriented.
Having been in place for several months now, and with the company sitting on more than $2 billion, Mayer is reported to be thinking about acquisitions. What firms could Yahoo purchase that would both expand its advertising revenues and increase user’s interest? And let’s not forget increasing shareholder value.
Here are some potential targets:
- OpenTable (NASDAQ:OPEN): The restaurant reservation and electronic booking firm seats about 6.5 million diners per month in all 50 states and some overseas markets.
- Millennial Media (NYSE:MM): With more than 30,000 apps across many devices, the mobile advertising platform placed ads in front of more than 300 million people in February.
- PubMatic: Calling itself a “Strategic Selling Platform,” the firm lets online publishers maximize their advertising income.
- Turn:The global ad firm users unique software to help its customers provide both real-time news and interactive advertising to users.
More from Mayer’s time at Yahoo:
- Yahoo’s Mayer Taps Google Exec for COO
- Marissa Mayer’s Vague Platitude’s Won’t Cut It
- Yahoo CEO to Unveil User-Focused Turnaround Plan
- YHOO: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=YHOO
- is reported to be thinking about acquisitions: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/21/us-yahoo-mayer-idUSBRE89K06P20121021
- OPEN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=OPEN
- MM: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MM
- Yahoo’s Mayer Taps Google Exec for COO: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/yahoos-mayer-taps-google-exec-for-coo/
- Marissa Mayer’s Vague Platitude’s Won’t Cut It: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/marissa-mayers-vague-platitudes-wont-cut-it/
- Yahoo CEO to Unveil User-Focused Turnaround Plan: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/yahoo-ceo-to-unveil-user-focused-turnaround-plan/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/4-companies-yahoo-could-buy/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fDi2Qc
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.