With the holiday shopping season fast approaching, retailers are releasing their annual holiday toy books, chock full of games and toys meant to mesmerize children — and collect their parents’ money.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Toys ‘R’ US and Sears Holdings‘ (NASDAQ:SHLD) Kmart are out with their toy books, which contain a number of attractive offers.
Here is a breakdown of some of the best items in each:
Wal-Mart’s Toyland Wish Book:
- A LeapPad 2 Explorer Tablet priced at $99.
- LEGO sets priced at a 20% discount
- Razor Scooters marked down to $77.
- The ever-popular Candyland board game, now just $4.88.
Great Big Toys ‘R’ Us Book:
- A free LEGO Hobbit Notebook ($9.99) with any LEGO game purchase of $20 or more
- A 25% discount on all board games
- A coupon to save $50 on Star Wars Multi-Troop Transport Droid Center
- A coupon to save $40 on a Lego Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle
- A coupon to save $20 on a Barbie Sisters Cruise Ship
Kmart Toy Book:
- Barbie Dolls marked down from $39 to $34.
- Remote-control helicopters at a discount.
- Two pages of coupons for toy discounts.