Highlights From Big Retailers’ Holiday ‘Toy Books’
by Christopher Freeburn | October 25, 2012 2:10 pm
With the holiday shopping season fast approaching, retailers are releasing their annual holiday toy books, chock full of games and toys meant to mesmerize children — and collect their parents’ money.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Toys ‘R’ US and Sears Holdings‘ (NASDAQ:SHLD) Kmart are out with their toy books, which contain a number of attractive offers.
Here is a breakdown of some of the best items in each:
Wal-Mart’s Toyland Wish Book:
- A LeapPad 2 Explorer Tablet priced at $99.
- LEGO sets priced at a 20% discount
- Razor Scooters marked down to $77.
- The ever-popular Candyland board game, now just $4.88.
Great Big Toys ‘R’ Us Book:
- A free LEGO Hobbit Notebook ($9.99) with any LEGO game purchase of $20 or more
- A 25% discount on all board games
- A coupon to save $50 on Star Wars Multi-Troop Transport Droid Center
- A coupon to save $40 on a Lego Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle
- A coupon to save $20 on a Barbie Sisters Cruise Ship
Kmart Toy Book:
- Barbie Dolls marked down from $39 to $34.
- Remote-control helicopters at a discount.
- Two pages of coupons for toy discounts.
- WMT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=WMT
- SHLD: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=SHLD
- out with their toy books: http://www.examiner.com/article/ad-scans-released-of-2012-great-big-toys-r-us-book
- Wal-Mart’s Toyland Wish Book: http://www.examiner.com/article/walmart-releases-2012-toyland-wish-list-book-full-of-coupons
- Great Big Toys ‘R’ Us Book: http://www.examiner.com/article/ad-scans-released-of-2012-great-big-toys-r-us-book
- Kmart Toy Book: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/Walmart--Kmart-2012-Toy-Books-are-out-
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/a-walmart-kmart-toys-r-us-holiday-toy-book-rundown/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1frXjyE
Copyright ©2015 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.