Hurricane Sandy is getting stronger and heading for the American coastline. The storm is predicted to make landfall in the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast as early as Sunday.
Severe storms are nothing to trifle with, so people are be better off preparing for the storm before it strikes.
What exactly should you do to prepare? Here’s some tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- Put together an emergency kit. Make sure you have bottled water, food and other supplies to last at least three days.
- Make a family communications plan. Be sure that each member knows where each will be and how you’ll get in touch.
- Know your area. Be aware of which parts of your neighborhood are below a flood line.
- Cover your windows. Use wood; tape won’t prevent breaking.
- Bring in all outdoor furniture. Anything not secured should be stored for safety.
Need more info? You can see the full list here.