Meet the 10 Most Powerful Women in Banking
by Alyssa Oursler | October 10, 2012 8:00 am
It may be tough for women to move up in the corporate and finance worlds, but that doesn’t mean they can’t do it. While some are opting out of the status quo by flocking to start-ups, many are instead plowing right throw the glass ceiling and taking the reins at big name companies and banks.
A few months ago, for example, we recapped Forbes’ annual list of the most powerful women in the world, highlighting CEOs like Yahoo‘s (NASDAQ:YHOO) Marissa Mayer, Hewlett-Packard‘s (NYSE:HPQ) Meg Whitman and even Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) COO Sheryl Sandberg. Heck, Mayer even took the corner office while pregnant with her first child, which she just gave birth to.
Now, though, we’ll get a little more specific with our parade of power. American Banker recently released a list of the 25 most powerful women in banking, featuring prominent females at banks like HSBC (NYSE:HBC), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C) and U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB).
Here’s a quick look at the top ten females in finance:
- Irene Dorner: CEO, HSBC USA
- Beth Mooney: CEO, Keycorp
- Karen Peetz: CEO For Financial Markets And Treasury Services, BNY Mellon
- Ellen Alemany:CEO, RBS Citizens Financial Group; Head Of RBS Americas
- Pamela Joseph: Vice Chairman, Payment Services, U.S. Bancorp
- Carrie Tolstedt: Senior EVP, Community Banking, Wells Fargo & Co.
- Ellen Costello: CEO, BMO Financial Corp.; U.S. Country Head, BMO Financial Group
- Cathy Bessant: Global Technology And Operations Executive, Bank Of America
- Anne Finucane: Global Strategy And Marketing Officer, Bank Of America
- Julie Monaco: North America Region Head; Global Head Of Banks, Public Sector And Marketing, Citigroup
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/hot-topics/womenandwallstreet/
- tough for women to move up: http://investorplace.com/2012/08/what-it-really-will-take-for-women-to-advance/
- flocking to start-ups: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/dodging-the-glass-ceiling-women-immigrants-flock-to-start-ups/
- most powerful women in the world: http://investorplace.com/2012/08/meet-the-10-most-powerful-women-in-the-world/
- YHOO: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=YHOO
- Marissa Mayer: http://investorplace.com/2012/07/women-love-bad-boys-er-businesses/
- HPQ: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=HPQ
- Meg Whitman: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/happy-belated-anniversary-meg-whitman-hpq/
- FB: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=FB
- 25 most powerful women in banking: http://www.americanbanker.com/wib_gallery/the-25-most-powerful-women-in-banking-2012-1052814-1.html
- HBC: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=HBC
- WFC: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=WFC
- BAC: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=BAC
- C: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=C
- USB: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=USB
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/meet-the-10-most-powerful-women-in-banking/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nwpNvm
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.