Report: Best Buy to Sell Own Tablet
by Nate Wooley | October 17, 2012 9:45 am
The tablet market is going to get even more crowded, as Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) reportedly now has plans to enter the fray with a product of its own.
The new tablet, dubbed “Insignia Flex,” will be marketed by Best Buy under its own in-house brand, Reuters reports. The Android-based device will cost between $239 and $259 and debut in stores Nov. 11, 2012. The new tablet computer will feature a 9.7-inch screen, an onboard camera and a 10-hour battery life.
The new tablet would compete with Amazon‘s (NASDAQ:AMZN) Kindle Fire HD, Google‘s (NASDAQ:GOOG) Nexus 7 and other similarly sized tablets.
The Insignia Flex will only be sold in Best Buy locations; however, the retailer will not stop selling competitor’s tablets, Reuters reports.
More from the tablet wars:
- As Android Tablets Surge, Panic for Apple?
- October is the Month of the Tablet
- Wow, Microsoft is Serious About Surface
- BBY: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=BBY
- Reuters reports: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/16/us-bestbuy-tablet-idUSBRE89F1L920121016
- AMZN: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AMZN
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- As Android Tablets Surge, Panic for Apple?: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/as-android-tablets-surge-panic-for-apple/
- October is the Month of the Tablet: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/october-is-the-month-of-the-tablet-aapl-amzn-goog-msft-bks/
- Wow, Microsoft is Serious About Surface: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/microsoft-cranks-up-surface-tablet-output/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/report-best-buy-to-sell-own-tablet/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nxLifp
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.