The Sterling-Rice Group brought together a group of culinary experts to help look into the future and identify the food trends that will define 2013. The list they came up with focuses on both the healthfulness of food and global market realities.
Here’s a sample of what they expect to see in supermarkets and on restaurant menus in the new year:
- Sour gets its day: Food tastes will head away from sweets.
- Chefs watch your weight: Lighter, low-calorie fare will come to the fore.
- Asia infiltrates American comfort food: Look for Southeast Asian flavors to pop up in snacking.
- Veggies take over the plate: Along with healthier meals, vegetables will become main dishes.
- Kid’s menus grow up: More adult-oriented dishes for the younger set.
Click to see entirety of the list from Sterling-Rice Group.