The holidays tend to be a time for shopping and bargain-hunting … but is it the best time to get the best deals? Black Friday and the days leading up to it may have some nice markdowns, but some items aren’t steals until December or even later.
- Jewelry: November is a hard time to find bargains for jewelry. Instead, December is the biggest month for jewelry sales and discounts.
- Holiday items: Do you want some Christmas-themed place settings? They’re in stores now but won’t be discounted until after the holidays.
- Calendars: 2013 calendars are everywhere now but buying one after the new year could save you up to 40%.
- Peonies: November peonies are very costly because they’re shipped in from overseas. May is the best time to save on peonies.
- Televisions: Electronics typically receive the biggest discounts after Black Friday.