You’ve Got Alto! AOL’s Unveils New Webmail
by Nate Wooley | October 18, 2012 3:12 pm
Click to EnlargeIt was the most-heard phrase of the 90s. “You’ve Got Mail!” seemed to come from every desktop in the country. The friendly announcement foretold that a new thing, e-mail, was waiting for you.
But that was then. AOL (NYSE:AOL) has long since lost it’s shininess for computer users. With personal webmail such as Google‘s (NASDAQ:GOOG) Gmail, Yahoo‘s (NASDAQ:YHOO) Yahoo! mail and Microsoft‘s (NASDAQ:MSFT) Hotmail out there offering free webmail services, AOL just didn’t seem that important.
That may be changing. AOL has announced Alto, it’s new webmail service reports The New York Times. Here are some key features:
- Free to all, not just AOL subscribers
- Mail will be automatically sorted for convenience
- Mail can be “snoozed” for later viewing
- Will work with Google calendars and Google Drive for storage
More about the portal pioneers:
- AOL Relaunches Games.com
- Yahoo Still Lacking Straightforward Strategy
- AOL’s New Patch Still Has Lots of Holes
- AOL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AOL
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- MSFT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MSFT
- reports The New York Times: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/aols-got-mail-again-with-alto/
- AOL Relaunches Games.com: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/aol-relaunches-games-com/
- Yahoo Still Lacking Straightforward Strategy: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/yahoo-still-lacking-straightforward-strategy/
- AOL’s New Patch Still Has Lots of Holes: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/aols-new-patch-still-has-lots-of-holes/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/youve-got-alto-aols-unveils-new-webmail/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ntZyWn
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.