Digitas, a global branding agency, and Brandwatch, a social media monitoring firm, recently released a new study about what’s got U.S. shoppers abuzz this holiday season.
With nearly a trillion dollars expected to be spent on holiday shopping this month, the two firms analyzed 2.6 million shopping conversations that occurred on social channels last week. The results might surprise you.
Here are some things that people are discussing:
- Walmart (NYSE:WMT) is the top shopping destination; Target (NYSE:TGT) is second.
- The most-wanted items are tech gadgets like smartphones and tablets.
- 29% of those discussing shopping over social media are from California.
- 58% of discussions are about people shopping for themselves, not others.
- Books, movies and other cultural items ranked second in interest.
To see the rest of the report from Digitas and Brandwatch, click here.