4 Ways Sam’s Club Is Trying to Catch Costco
by Nate Wooley | November 6, 2012 1:08 pm
Sam’s Club, owned by Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), is trying to catch Costco (NASDAQ:COST). Rosalind Brewer, CEO since January, has a plan to revamp Sam’s Club to better match the competition. The two firms have about the same number of stores, but Costco does almost $100 billion in business compared to $53 billion at Sam’s Club.
Here are a few of the things Sam’s Club will be doing to appeal to consumers:
- Adding new brands such as Eddie Bauer and Lucky
- Emphasizing Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) products because Costco doesn’t carry them
- Adding more organic food and produce
- Providing 200% guarantees on fresh produce and meat
You can see the whole list here.
More from retail:
- Ebay to Team Up With Luxury Chinese Retailer Xiu.com
- Walmart Is Chugging on All Cylinders
- Best Buy Gets Aggressive, Plans to Match Amazon’s Prices
- WMT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=WMT
- COST: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=COST
- a few of the things: http://www.retailwire.com/news-article/16381/can-sams-club-overtake-costco
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- the whole list here: http://www.retailwire.com/news-article/16381/can-sams-club-overtake-costco
- Ebay to Team Up With Luxury Chinese Retailer Xiu.com: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/ebay-to-team-up-with-luxury-chinese-retailer-xiu-com/
- Walmart Is Chugging on All Cylinders: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/walmart-is-chugging-on-all-cylinders-wm/
- Best Buy Gets Aggressive, Plans to Match Amazon’s Prices: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/best-buy-gets-aggressive-plans-to-match-amazons-prices/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/4-ways-sams-club-is-trying-to-catch-costco/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fqK8hv
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.