The Top Breakout Brands of 2012
by Nate Wooley | November 9, 2012 10:56 am
A new report by rbb Public Relations is out measuring Breakout Brands for 2012. The survey, which interviewed 2000 adults about their feelings on various companies, had tech firms Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) coming out ahead. The survey was conducted by IBOPE/Zogby International.
A Breakout Brand is one that has such loyalty that customers don’t mind paying a premium or waiting in lines to make their purchase. Apple, at the top of the list this year, demonstrates that whenever we see long lines or higher prices for its products.
Breakout brands also build loyalty by being about the customer first. Companies that work to make sure that the customer’s experience is positive are better positioned to become a breakout brand than a firm only focused on becoming number one in the market.
Here’s the top five breakout brands of 2012:
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT)
- CostCo (NASDAQ:COST)
Click here to see the top 10.
Other news from breakout firms:
- Fading Apple-Mania Hits the Tech Sector Hard
- Amazon Prime Tests Netflix-Style Monthly Pricing
- Wal-Mart to Start Black Friday Deals Earlier Than Ever
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/apple-logo-gray-modern-630.jpg
- rbb Public Relations: http://www.rbbpr.com/default.aspx
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- WMT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=WMT
- COST: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=COST
- Click here to see the top 10: http://www.holmesreport.com/news-info/12563/PRSummit-Breakout-Brands-Forge-Personal-Connections-With-Consumers.aspx
- Fading Apple-Mania Hits the Tech Sector Hard: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/fading-apple-mania-hits-the-tech-sector-hard-aapl-goog-ibm-qqq-vti/
- Amazon Prime Tests Netflix-Style Monthly Pricing: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/amazon-prime-tests-netflix-style-monthly-pricing/
- Wal-Mart to Start Black Friday Deals Earlier Than Ever: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/wal-mart-to-start-black-friday-deals-earlier-than-ever/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/the-top-breakout-brands-of-2012/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fwgLdF
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.