The newest BlackBerry mobile operating system will officially launch on Jan. 30. BlackBerry 10, marketed with the tagline “Re-designed. Re-engineered. Re-invented,” is Research In Motion’s (NASDAQ:RIMM) response to the challenges that have seen it lose market share to phones using Google‘s (NASDAQ:GOOG) Droid software and Apple‘s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone, AllThingsD.com reports.
At a recent preview during the BlackBerry Jam conference, RIM executives showed off some of BB10′s features:
- A new totally touchscreen interface
- BlackBerry Hub, a center for monitoring all messages
- The device can function in both work and personal modes
- Time Shift, a photo function that takes multiple shots in quick succession
- Virtual keyboard, a new and improved touchscreen keyboard
AllThingsD also hints that BB10 will feature a voice-control system similar to Apple’s Siri, but that won’t be confirmed until launch.