Cars.com, the online guide for new and used cars, has released its list of nominees for 2013 Car of the Year.
The list includes both foreign and domestic manufacturers. Cars.com will announce the winner on Jan. 15, 2013, at its Awards Gala at the North American Auto Show in Detroit.
The nominees are:
- Toyota (NYSE:TM) Prius c: A smaller, less-expensive Prius that finally achieves the desired 50 mpg combined fuel rating.
- Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ: These two cars are practically identical and provide a sports car driving experience.
- Dodge Ram 1500: The most technically advanced Ram, it offers top fuel economy and an improved suspension.
- Honda (NYSE:HMC) CR-V: Affordability, fuel efficiency and great standard features make this a great car.
- Honda Accord: The redesigned Accord provides excellent standard features and good fuel economy.
- BMW 3 Series: More interior room and a great engine make this a fun, roomy car to drive.