If you like a little supernatural perspective in your outlook for 2013, mentalist and corporate mind-power expert Sidney Friedman is out with his forecast for the new year.
Here’s how Friedman describes his 23 predictions for 2013:
- Contrary to current tension, and against all reasoned historical probability, there is an unusual, unexpected calm with a period of peaceful understanding in the Middle East by summer of this year between either Israel and the Palestinians, or Israel and Iran, achieved not by political leaders, but by common citizens.
- In a quasi shakeup, Jimmy Fallon is named host of NBC’s (NASDAQ:CMCSA) Tonight Show, replacing Jay Leno.
- A massive amount of dead fish are seen floating in an East Coast bay.
- Though this movie isn’t getting the publicity others are garnering, I foresee Oscar gold bestowed upon Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) for Best Actress.
- With stiff competition from potential nominees Helen Hunt, Sally Field and others, I see Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) triumphantly holding the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.
- Even though stalwarts like Robert DeNiro and Leonardo DiCaprio will be nominated in this category, my vision is Tommy Lee Jones (Lincoln) winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.
- In some of the more odd and highly unpredictable categories, Zero Dark Thirty wins the OSCAR for best original screenplay, and Life of Pi wins for cinematography.
- I foresee two other Oscar event images: Something occurs with shaking. And while each year, a huge variety of styles and fabrics are seen on women who stroll the Oscar red carpet, the men wear the basic black tuxedo. EXCEPT FOR THIS YEAR! For 2013, I see strikingly metallic tuxedos for one or several men.
- A new, odd, unexpected source of fuel for cars, trucks and/or machinery is announced.
- Regarding the United States economy, as you know, I began doing economic predictions just after the “bubble burst” of 2008, and each year I have been correct on the overall trend of the Dow and other aspects of the economy (i.e. the unemployment rate), much of it predicting trends and numbers that superseded the forecasts of most analysts and pundits. In addition, in 2008, my stated long-term vision was that a recovery would indeed occur, with the economic engine fully recovering by about 2015 to 2016. So far, that timetable is exactly on track with even more improvement in 2013. … And for 2013, home prices overall continue to rise. 2013 will see the unemployment rate drop to 6.8% with an outside chance of 6.5%.
- What this exactly means, I don’t know, but for a time, a huge portion of the Internet goes dark.
- A recurring vision of mine, too striking to ignore, is that the eating of bugs gains a following.
- Big voice, new tiny waist. …Although she’s strongly independent of worry about what others think, Christina Aguilera goes on some type of retreat and in the process returns significantly slimmer.
- Monogram the towels with just a “K.” … After a brief parting, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West will announce they are tying the Knot. And btw: Kim’s divorce from Kris Humphries will be finalized by summer. That’s a lot of K’s. (Speaking of which, let’s hope none of this is done in a Kangaroo Court.)
- Justice and Justin. …There is a court case involving a family member of Justin Bieber. In another matter entirely, I also sense and envision a period of silence regarding Justin along with another vision involving one of his arms in some significant way.
- A shock of white light is seen in the night sky in several regions of the country this winter or spring.
- While I truly hope this does not occur, I foresee a medical condition that sidelines Vice President Joe Biden.
- A huge discovery is made, or a significant event occurs, regarding solar flares.
- The number 9, the number 2, and a heart-shaped image in the sky in some way will be part of this year’s events.
- A plague-like pandemic affects populations in Europe and to some extent in the USA. Much of it ironically occurs in hospitals.
- TECH-nically speaking: A tech company will announce in 2013 (or at the latest by summer 2014), a flexible tablet that rolls up or folds up. While most mobile phone manufacturers are launching larger displays, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) announces and releases a “mini iPhone” geared toward children and also under-served populations around the world. Also, with speculation on this for several years, 2013 is the year Apple finally launches a “smart TV.” And the big news is in spite of negative reviews and a shaky launch, Microsoft‘s (NASDAQ:MSFT) Windows 8 sees excellent signs of catching on.
- Overall for the world, we are in a two to three year cycle of rebirth, not just economically, but a repairing of the world, so to speak, in many areas of concern for individuals and societies. Revelations will occur and renovations will begin.
- And for the umpteenth year, I predict the Chicago Cubs will finally make it to the World Series. …And I’ll keep predicting it until they do. (I also predict, through eternity, I might never be right on this.)
You can learn more about Sidney Friedman and his forecast for the new year at his website.