Forbes: Best Actors for the Buck 2012
by Nate Wooley | December 27, 2012 12:25 pm
Movie stars are paid millions, but which of them earn their pay back for the studios that cast them?
Forbes has published a list of the top bang-for-bucks movie stars in Hollywood. How did they stack up for 2012? Some of the names might surprise you. The data was collected from Forbes’ Celebrity 100 research and Box Office Mojo.
Here are the top five from the list:
- Natalie Portman — The Black Swan star returned $42.70 for every dollar she earned.
- Kristen Stewart — The Twilight star brought in $40.60 per dollar.
- Shia LaBeouf — Ranked higher in 2009 and 2010, LaBeouf returned $35.80 per dollar this year.
- Robert Pattinson — The other half of Twilight, Pattinson brought in $31.70 per dollar.
- Daniel Radcliffe — The Harry Potter star returned $30.50 per dollar he was paid.
The top 20 is available here.
More stories about top earners:
- The Highest-Paid Musician for 2012 Isn’t Who You Think
- Forbes: Ten Most Overpaid Actors 2012
- Wall Street Bonuses Expected to Be Lowest Since 2008
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/natalie-portman.jpg
- Box Office Mojo: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/
- from the list: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2012/12/26/natalie-portman-and-kristen-stewart-top-our-list-of-hollywoods-best-actors-for-the-buck/
- Natalie Portman: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45edggk/natalie-portman-5/
- Kristen Stewart: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45edggk/kristen-stewart-17/
- Shia LaBeouf: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45edggk/shia-labeouf-6/
- Robert Pattinson: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45edggk/robert-pattinson-10/
- Daniel Radcliffe: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45edggk/daniel-radcliffe-3/
- The top 20 is available here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2012/12/26/natalie-portman-and-kristen-stewart-top-our-list-of-hollywoods-best-actors-for-the-buck/
- The Highest-Paid Musician for 2012 Isn’t Who You Think: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/the-highest-paid-musician-for-2012-isnt-who-you-think/
- Forbes: Ten Most Overpaid Actors 2012: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/forbes-10-most-overpaid-actors-2012/
- Wall Street Bonuses Expected to Be Lowest Since 2008: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/wall-street-bonuses-expected-to-be-lowest-since-2008/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/forbes-best-actors-for-the-buck-2012/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=283021
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.