Juniper: Top 10 Mobile Trends for 2013
by Christopher Freeburn | December 14, 2012 1:19 pm
Juniper Research has released a white paper outlining the trends it expects to define the mobile industry next year.
Here are Juniper Research’s top 10 mobile industry trends for 2013:
- Big Data — Storing and analyzing massive amounts of consumer data will become big business.
- Wearable Computers — A number of new high-tech glasses and head-mounted displays will be launched next year as Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) join Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) in wearable technology products.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Proliferates — As more companies allow employees to use their own mobile devices at work, security issues will force more intense device management steps.
- Retailers Embrace In-store Mobile Services — Eager to satisfy customers, and keep them shopping longer, look for more in-store WiFi hotspots.
- WiFi and LTE Connectivity Advance – Expected a greater availability of WiFi hotspots and 4G/LTE service from wireless carriers.
- Mobile Device-Centered Connectivity — Home electronics will increasingly share information with mobile devices.
- Microsoft Surge – With the launch of Windows 8, its own line of tablet computers and Windows smartphones, Microsoft will reassert itself in 2013.
- The Multi-Screen Experience — Manufacturers and software makers will offer solutions to spread content over multiple devices, from TVs to tablets next year.
- Smartphone and Tablet Changes — Look for an expanding range of forms and technology in mobile devices next year.
- More Social Gaming — More Internet gambling is coming both domestically and from international sources.
For more detail on Juniper’s predictions, please read its white paper of the top mobile trends of 2013.
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/smartphone-and-globe.jpg
- expects to define the mobile industry next year: http://www.juniperresearch.com/whitepapers/top_10_mobile_trends_for_2013
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- MSFT: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MSFT
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- white paper of the top mobile trends of 2013: http://www.juniperresearch.com/whitepapers/top_10_mobile_trends_for_2013
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/juniper-top-10-mobile-trends-for-2013/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1ntZE0d
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.