Twitter Debuts New Instagram-Like Filters
by Nate Wooley | December 11, 2012 10:53 am
Photos on Twitter will now feature filters similar to Facebook-owned (NASDAQ:FB) Instagram.
The new Twitter application, which will allow users to filter and edit photos inside Twitter, was introduced by Twitter Senior Designer Colleen Baik in a blog post. In the post, Baik highlights the three new things that users can do with photos on Twitter.
- Filters — Users may apply one of eight filters to change the feel of a photo.
- Bird’s Eye View — A quick ability to see how each filter would change a photo.
- Auto-Enhance — Balance the light and dark qualities of a photo.
The new application comes as a result of the increasing competition between Twitter and Instagram in the wake of the former’s acquisition by Facebook earlier this year, The New York Times reports. Since the purchase, the two have seen a once cordial relationship become strained. Last week, Instagram stopped allowing its users to share photos via Twitter.
The enhancements are available through both Google Play (NASDAQ:GOOG) and Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) App Store.
More stories about social media:
- Pinterest Cleans House, Cracks Down on Spammers
- Facebook’s 25 Top-Rated Games of 2012
- The Most Popular Thing on Facebook You Never Heard Of
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/twitter-filter.jpg
- FB: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=FB
- a blog post: http://blog.twitter.com/2012/12/twitter-photos-put-filter-on-it.html
- The New York Times reports: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/twitter-adds-photo-filters-in-battle-with-instagram/
- GOOG: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=GOOG
- AAPL: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=AAPL
- Pinterest Cleans House, Cracks Down on Spammers: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/pinterest-cleans-house-cracks-down-on-spammers/
- Facebook’s 25 Top-Rated Games of 2012: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/facebooks-25-top-rated-games-of-2012/
- The Most Popular Thing on Facebook You Never Heard Of: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/the-most-popular-thing-on-facebook-you-never-heard-of/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/twitter-debuts-new-instagram-like-filters/
Short URL: http://investorplace.com/?p=275414
Copyright ©2013 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.