Two Costco Workers Win $50M Jackpot
by Nate Wooley | December 20, 2012 9:45 am
Two workers at a Costco (NASDAQ:COST) store in Waltham, Mass., are sharing a $50 million lottery prize.
Rosa DeLeon and Reginald LeBlanc won the Powerball lottery last week, ABC News reports. Both in their 50s, they routinely purchased two shared tickets for the game. Last week, their numbers finally came up.
Officials from the Massachusetts Lottery confirmed the win and brought them to a press conference. The winners have elected to take the $33 million in a lump-sum payment. After taxes, each will get half of $23.1 million.
DeLeon bought the ticket at a local gas station in Lexington, Mass. The station will receive a $50,000 commission for selling the winning ticket.
More stories about very lucky people:
- Teacher Inherits Loner’s $7.4M Gold Fortune
- Forgetful Woman Nearly Forfeits $23M Lotto Prize
- Man Gets Dumped, Wins $30 Million Lottery
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Powerball-112512L.jpg
- COST: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=COST
- ABC News reports: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/12/costco-co-workers-to-split-50m-powerball-win/
- Teacher Inherits Loner’s $7.4M Gold Fortune: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/teacher-inherits-loners-7-4m-gold-fortune/
- Forgetful Woman Nearly Forfeits $23M Lotto Prize: http://investorplace.com/2012/11/forgetful-woman-nearly-forfeits-23-million-lotto-prize/
- Man Gets Dumped, Wins $30 Million Lottery: http://investorplace.com/2012/10/man-gets-dumped-wins-30-million-lottery/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/two-costco-workers-win-50m-jackpot/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nJwWsm
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.