6 Things to Expect From Super Bowl XLVII Ads
by Nate Wooley | January 2, 2013 10:44 am
What are people going to be talking about after the upcoming Super Bowl XLVII — the game or the commercials?
The game is set for Feb. 3 in New Orleans, and whatever two teams reach the NFL’s championship game will have to compete for attention with the nearly full slate of commercials that CBS (NYSE:CBS) puts in front of viewers, USA TODAY reports.
Advertising is nearly sold out for the event, a spokesman for CBS says … so with the cost of a 30-second slot topping out at $3.8 million, CBS is sure to come out of this a winner.
Here’s a quick look at USA TODAY‘s list of what viewers can expect from this year’s Super Bowl commercials:
- Longer ads: CBS has sold more of the 60- and 90-second ads this year.
- Risque ads: More advertisers will be pushing the bounds of what can air.
- New advertisers: At least two firms will be making their first foray into the pricey ads.
- Old advertisers: Old favorites from Super Bowls past will maintain their presence.
- Surprises: Expect to see new faces pitching products.
- Social Media: Many firms are tying their ads into their social media presences.
The full article can be viewed here.
More stories about advertising and marketing:
- Instagram Reverts to Old Ad Policy Amid Outcry
- Facebook’s Social Ads: A Wash?
- Limited-Edition Starbucks Card Selling for $1,000 on eBay
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/nfl-on-grass.gif
- CBS: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=CBS
- USA TODAY reports: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/01/02/super-bowl-commercials-sell-out/1785503/
- The full article can be viewed here.: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/01/02/super-bowl-commercials-sell-out/1785503/
- Instagram Reverts to Old Ad Policy Amid Outcry: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/instagram-reverts-to-old-ad-policy-amid-outcry/
- Facebook’s Social Ads: A Wash?: http://investorplace.com/ipo-playbook/facebooks-social-ads-a-wash/
- Limited-Edition Starbucks Card Selling for $1,000 on eBay: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/limited-edition-starbucks-card-selling-for-1000-on-ebay/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/6-things-to-expect-from-super-bowl-xlvii-ads/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nvlWyI
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.