A new list presented by CNNMoney shows six types of purchases that buyers might be a little happier about this year:
- Used cars: More than 500,000 expiring leases in 2013 will put a glut on the market.
- Gasoline: More fuel-efficient vehicles and higher production will lower prices.
- Ultrabooks: Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is predicting that its Ultrabook will drop $400 this year.
- Vacation packages: Booking airfare and hotel together will lead to bigger discounts.
- Solar Energy Panels: Prices are expected to decline 10% this year as more panels are made.
- Flatscreen TVs: Analysts expect a drop of 11% or more this year.