The world’s automakers are descending on Detroit this week to display their latest concept cars at the North American International Auto Show.
After the media and industry insiders get their look at this year’s crop of new vehicles, the show will open to the public on Saturday.
Here are some of the most anticipated new vehicles from major automakers including General Motors (NYSE:GM), Ford (NYSE:F), Fiat‘s (PINK:FIATY) Chrysler and Germany’s Volkswagen (PINK:VLKAY) that will be shown at the North American International Auto Show, according to the Associated Press:
- Ford Atlas Concept — Thought to hit dealerships by late 2014, this next-generation truck offers greater fuel efficiency and lighter weight.
- Cadillac ELR — Essentially an upscale version of its electric Volt, the ELR features Cadillac’s styling and luxury appointments.
- Chevrolet Corvette — The first new Corvette in almost a decade, the restyled Corvette gets better mileage and arrives in showrooms later this year.
- Volkswagen Crossblue — A plug-in hybrid SUV, the Crossblue offers a diesel engine and two electric motors, but VW hasn’t yet decided if there’s a market for it.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel — The first U.S. SUV that uses a diesel engine.
- Kia Cadenza — Hoping to bridge the gap between luxury and mainstream sedans, the Cadenza features a V-6 engine and upscale appointments.