New Feature Coming to McDonald’s Cups, Bags
by Nate Wooley | January 22, 2013 12:38 pm
QR codes — those little square images that are read by smartphones — are being slapped onto McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) bags and cups starting this week.
The codes will allow customers to quickly access all of the chain’s calorie and other health information quickly, according to Nation’s Restaurant News. The codes also will allow for displays in 18 different languages.
The move follows on the heels of McDonald’s putting health and calorie information on its menu boards in 2012. The company hopes to have the new packaging out nationwide by the end of 2013.
More about fast food:
- Taco Bell Puts New $1 Menu to the Test
- Wendy’s Pulls Back on Breakfast Push
- McDonald’s to Reintroduce Big Mac in Big Push Toward Teens
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/mcd-qr.jpg
- MCD: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=MCD
- according to Nation’s Restaurant News: http://nrn.com/latest-headlines/mcdonald-s-debuts-new-packaging-featuring-qr-codes
- health and calorie information on its menu boards: http://investorplace.com/2012/09/mcdonalds-major-change-to-menu-boards/
- Taco Bell Puts New $1 Menu to the Test: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/taco-bell-puts-new-1-menu-to-the-test/
- Wendy’s Pulls Back on Breakfast Push: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/wendys-pulls-back-on-breakfast-push/
- McDonald’s to Reintroduce Big Mac in Big Push Toward Teens: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/mcdonalds-to-reintroduce-big-mac-in-big-push-toward-teens/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/new-feature-coming-to-mcdonalds-cups-bags/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fvUnku
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.