Starbucks Robber Takes Coffee, Not Cash
by Nate Wooley | January 22, 2013 11:09 am
A thief in Huntsville, Ala. took coffee instead of cash from a local Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX).
The accused, Phillip Sawdey, told the cashier at the Airport Road store Sunday morning that she should give him “all the cash,” reports Al.com. The barista told Sawdey that she couldn’t open the cash drawer … and offered him a free coffee instead.
Sawdey took the coffee and departed.
The theft was reported and police officers found Sawdey walking through a nearby parking lot. Officers arrested Sawdey without incident.
More stories about coffee:
- Starbucks to Offer ‘Tailor Made’ Coffee Flavors in One Country
- Patrick Dempsey Beats Starbucks in Coffee Chain Bid
- Starbucks to Roll Out $1 Reusable Cups
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Starbucks.jpg
- SBUX: http://studio-5.financialcontent.com/investplace/quote?Symbol=SBUX
- reports Al.com: http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/01/huntsville_police_robber_deman.html
- Starbucks to Offer ‘Tailor Made’ Coffee Flavors in One Country: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/starbucks-to-offer-tailor-made-coffee-flavors-in-one-country/
- Patrick Dempsey Beats Starbucks in Coffee Chain Bid: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/patrick-dempsey-beats-starbucks-in-coffee-chain-bid/
- Starbucks to Roll Out $1 Reusable Cups: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/starbucks-rolls-out-1-reusable-cups/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/starbucks-robber-takes-coffee-not-cash/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fzGXnw
Copyright ©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.