12 Coming Food Trends in America
by Nate Wooley | February 11, 2013 9:45 am
Where are American palates headed? A new study released by the Hartman Group has some clues for new food trends in the country.
The trend-watching firm has identified what it sees coming next, reports FoodNavigator-USA.com. Among those trends are:
- High-Pressure Processing: HPP processes food by killing germs and softening it without making it less “raw.”
- Protein: Diets high in protein mean a more satisfying dining experience.
- Cultured foods: More pickled and fermented foods to promote digestion and immune system health.
- Plant-based foods: While avoiding vegetarianism, people are adding more plants to their diet.
- Culinary botanicals: More herbs and spices with food.
- Premium private labels: Americans like paying more for exclusivity.
- Edible packaging: Using existing food products to package and complement other foods.
- Ethics in food production: Sustainable seafood and better treatment of other animals.
- Upgraded convenience: Convenience stores move away from packaged foods that aren’t fresh.
- Snacks with more flavors: A wider variety of snack foods and other convenient eats.
- Cleaner candy: Better and more healthy ingredients in candy.
- Sugar: the new bogeyman: Food packagers avoid sugar due to bad press.
The full webinar can be seen here.
More stories about trends:
- Top Flavor Trends for 2013
- 5 Big Travel Trends for 2013
- Juniper: Top 10 Mobile Trends for 2013
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/food-hungry-plate185.jpg
- reports FoodNavigator-USA.com: http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Market/High-pressure-processing-protein-botanicals-premium-private-label-and-cultured-foods-beverages-Welcome-to-2013
- The full webinar can be seen here: http://www.hartman-group.com/webinar/ideas-in-food-2013
- Top Flavor Trends for 2013: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/top-flavor-trends-for-2013/
- 5 Big Travel Trends for 2013: http://investorplace.com/2013/01/5-big-travel-trends-for-2013/
- Juniper: Top 10 Mobile Trends for 2013: http://investorplace.com/2012/12/juniper-top-10-mobile-trends-for-2013/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2013/02/12-coming-food-trends-in-america/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1nzJlz7
Copyright ©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.