The 2013 U.S. Cruisers’ Choice Awards are announced and one Disney (NYSE:DIS) ship grabbed five.
The Disney Fantasy took home the awards — which are based on reviews from people who took cruises in 2012 — for Best Large Ship, Large Best Ship Cabins, Best Entertainment, Best Public Rooms and Best Service, reports Cruise Critic.
Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor in chief of Cruise Critic said, “What’s really exciting about Disney Fantasy is that with the addition of this new class of ship, Disney is really starting to reach out and appeal to a broader base of travelers. Disney’s gone from being a niche line to one that’s comparable to something like Celebrity or Princess. The high scores that we are seeing almost across the board are a testament to how well-run and well-designed the ship is.”
Other winners include:
- Holland America’s Noordam: Best Midsized Ship
- Azamara Club Cruises’ Azamara Quest: Best Small Ship
- Royal Caribbean’s (NYSE:RCL) Allure of the Seas: Best Large Ship for Fitness and Best Large Ship for Embarkation
- Norwegian Cruise Line’s (NASDAQ:NCLH) Norwegian Spirit: Best Midsized Ship for Value for Money
- Crystal Cruises’ Crystal Serenity: Best Small Ship for Dining and Best Small Ship for Entertainment
All the award winners can be seen here.